- The Green Party launched its abortion policy ahead of the election in New Zealand which made me wonder about what getting an abortion really is like in New Zealand. I have received a small number of correspondence and it's been eye opening even for a staunchly pro-choice person like myself. The Abortion Law Reform Association of New Zealand directed me to their post on the mandatory nature of ultrasounds which has a compilation of other articles on the topic of abortion in general. Well worth having a look.
- And staying with the abortion topic, Public Address looks at Conservative Leader Colin Craig's position on abortion.
- Commercial media's obsession with creating hype for profit. This is in the context of a developing New Zealand political scandal but the commentary is universal.
- The Century Foundation - one of the oldest liberal thinktanks in America has a blog and this post looks at universal pre-K (what we in NZ would call ECE) as a way to disrupt the school-to-prison pipeline that is the American reality. Lots of really interesting facts.
- And staying with the topic of children, over at Pundit, the Children's Commissioner's call to increase welfare with a focus on our children.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Recommended reading: A bloggish edition (June 18 2014)
This week I'd like to draw your attention to some blogposts.
|This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.|